This page links to maps that combine U.S. Census Bureau information with Google Maps; the Mapeteria service allows you to map your own data.
These maps let you flip between a number of different, related, demographic maps.
- Race and density: population density, percent White, Black, Latino, Asian, Hawai'ian/Pacific Islander, Native American
- Age distribution: median age and age groups
- Housing units: percent occupied, vacant, owner-occupied, rentals
- Household composition: percent single men without kids, single women without kids, single men with kids, single women with kids, married couples with kids, married couples without kids
- Total population density (min=0, max=10,000)
- Male population percentage (min=40%, max=60%) -- find prisons and military bases
- Female population percentage (min=40%, max=60%) -- find prisons and military bases
- Average Household Size (min=1, max=4)
- Average Family Size (min=1, max=4)
- Households per family (min=1.5, max=2) -- find unrelated people living together
- Blacks per housing unit (min=1.5, max=10) -- find prisons. Also see Blacks per housing unit with markers for California prisons (slow to load)
- Percentage of population 18-22 (min=30%, max=60%) -- find universities
If you want to roll your own map, see the expert mode form.
There are some strangenesses in the data.